Finally deciding to undergo a cosmetic surgery can be both exciting and scary at the same time. There will always be that nagging feeling at the back of your mind whether you are doing the right thing or not. No matter what kind of surgery you are preparing for, it can be overwhelming. When your decision is final, you know that the procedure can greatly improve not only the quality of your life but also how you see yourself.
How To Prepare For Your First Cosmetic Surgery
There are plenty of plastic surgeons and their procedures vary but how to prepare for your first plastic surgery is a similar experience. If you found a good plastic surgeon like Dr Michael Zacharia, then it is time for you to prepare yourself before your appointment. Here are some tips that can help:
● Be Realistic With Your Expectations. Before you agree for a procedure, your doctor will inform you of what to expect – the process and the outcome. In your part, you need to have realistic expectations. Remember that nothing is perfect. Your cosmetic surgery should only enhance your beauty, and not make you a perfect human being.
● Research And Learn About Your Procedure. It is important that you understand the cosmetic surgery that you will undergo. Aside from the briefs that your doctor will give you, it will be best if you also do your own research. Learn about the process so you will also know what to expect on the day of your appointment.
● Live A Healthy Lifestyle. Being beautiful on the outside should never be enough. This is why you have to continue living your healthy lifestyle. Remember that most procedures are temporary. If you do not take care of yourself, the longevity of the results will be affected.
● Always Follow Your Doctors’ Orders. Your doctor is your guide throughout this process. He or she will instruct you what to do before, during, and after your procedure. It is a must that you follow the orders, if there are any medications to take, or if you need to lay off some food. You should also take note of what to bring to the procedure. Remember that your doctor has your best interest in mind and he or she knows exactly what your procedure needs and how to make it a success.
● Ask Questions. If you are in doubt, do not be afraid to ask questions. Your doctor is there to answer any of your queries. If you have concerns, let him know. It is important that open communication should be practiced and any problems should be addressed before your appointment. Again, never hesitate to ask.
Smoking And Drinking – Why Should I Stop?
Many people who are looking into getting cosmetic surgery done are wondering why they should lay off on smoking and drinking? Mainly because of its negative effects on your body. When it comes to plastic surgery, smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages can compromise your healing process because it inhibits blood flow and alcohol thins your blood.
Remember that during surgery, your tissue is cut and they are moved to improve your appearance and their functions. When this happens, the blood vessels are also cut. If you are a smoker or a drinker. The tissue may not get the blood flow needed for healing.